• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Macedonians in a book from 1751

page 211

Here's the rough translation I got online. Anybody who can provide a better one please do so.

Turcarum commander in chief that upon to bury at that time presumption , certainly who , to obtain billow monarchy universal hope affectantes Asia almost all captured penetrated upon European territory , and upon authority his redegerunt Hungary to plant faction Bosnian, Servian, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Epirian, Graecian, Peloponnesian, Thracian, Archipelagian, iufulasque adiacentes.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Interesting document, it seems to be saying that the Turks captured all of Asia and were penetrating into European territory, and there were Macedonian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, etc factions that operated upon the authority of the Hungarian ruler at the time.

Is it perhaps a rendition of events that took place during the Karposh Uprising, or earlier?

The separation of peoples is also revealing. Bulgarian is only Moesia as there are Thracians mentioned too. Greek is mentioned separate from the Peloponnese, the former probably means Attica.

I guess the question really is, why would the author distinguish by the above? There are no Albanians mentioned nor an Albania. Are they represented by the Peloponnese, Epirus, or Graeciam?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Greek is mentioned separate from the Peloponnese
      I wonder if the inhabitants of that time would even know what the Peloponnese was considering they themselves used the Slavic word Morea. But you make a very good point SoM. Why is 'greece' seperate from Pelopponnese?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

TM, have you went through the text any more thoroughly to see if there are any other citations of the terms above? What is the origin of the source? Hungarian? Italian?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

I don't know the origin of the source and to be honest it was hard enough to get a rough translation of this text to delve further into it.

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

Nice find, the author clearly defines who is Macedonian, why would he do this if there in reality were non?
            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

Actually SoM I'll take a guess and state that this text is referring to the peoples that assembled under the Hungarian king Sigismund in the late 14th century. Take a look at this painting of Sigismund that I found;

and now read the following text taken out of a book written in 1768;

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                • Jan 2009

Is the lion above his head the Macedonian lion? Here is the person who drew this painting - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albrecht_D%C3%BCrer

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Wow, it most certainly is the Macedonian crest and I note the "Greek" one to its left. Nothing more than a byzantine symbol of Orthodoxy.

Excellent stuff TM.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Well, the symbol above can certainly be the Macedonian Lion, does the picture have any further elaboration that you are aware of?

By the way TM, what an excellent source. Who is Nicholas the Macedonian??

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                      • Jan 2009

I cannot locate another source about Nicholas the Macedonian. Unfortunately that is the only passage of him in the book.

As far as more info on the painting - http://www.bridgemanartondemand.com/...smund_c1511-13

It was drawn between 1511-1513 by Albrecht Dürer a German painter. Maybe Jonovski can help us verify that the lion is certainly the Macedonian lion?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

The one to the right of the Macedonian looks like the symbol of the Slovaks, however, it is also used in the coat of arms of Hungary.

Slovak

Hungarian

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

The top left does look East Roman as RtG states, the one on the bottom left could be Polish, not sure about the bottom right yet though.

Good suggestion TM, I will post the link to this thread on the one about the coat of arms.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                            • Jan 2009

Here's some more info on Sigimund and the Balkan peoples;

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

The "sloths of Europe" are now the sloths of Western civilisation.
                              Interesting times ahead for those nations who refuse to acknowledge history.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                              X