Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlin
    • Dec 2011

Video footage shows Indian health workers spraying disinfectant on a group of migrant workers, amid fears that a large scale movement of people from cities to the countryside risks spreading the coronavirus widely. The prime minister, Narendra Modi, has ordered the country's 1.3 billion people to remain indoors until 15 April, saying that was the only hope to stop the pandemic.

Video footage shows Indian health workers spraying disinfectant on a group of migrant workers, amid fears that a large scale movement of people from cities t...

Comment

• Carlin
      • Dec 2011

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said there are now 102,863 coronavirus cases in the state. More than 14,000 patients are currently hospitalized.

So far, 2,935 people have died in the state — that's up from 2,373, Cuomo said. "Highest single increase in the number of deaths since we started," Cuomo said.

The novel coronavirus pandemic continues to impact countries worldwide, particularly in Europe and the US.

Comment

• Gocka
        • Dec 2012

What is sobering to me is looking at how in Italy although it seems the numbers aren't growing anymore, they have hit a plateau and stayed there for at least a week now. The scary thing though is that the plateau is at a very high point. New infections are stuck in the 4000's and deaths around the 700 to 800 mark daily. Its been like this for quite some time and right now there are no signals that the numbers will drop as fast as they increased. I worry that we will see weeks of 700 600 500 deaths daily.

Spain is on course to be worse than Italy, the USA is is on pace to be worse than both.

Comment

• Carlin
          • Dec 2011

Sobering and shocking.

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
            What is sobering to me is looking at how in Italy although it seems the numbers aren't growing anymore, they have hit a plateau and stayed there for at least a week now. The scary thing though is that the plateau is at a very high point. New infections are stuck in the 4000's and deaths around the 700 to 800 mark daily. Its been like this for quite some time and right now there are no signals that the numbers will drop as fast as they increased. I worry that we will see weeks of 700 600 500 deaths daily.

Spain is on course to be worse than Italy, the USA is is on pace to be worse than both.
            ...and apparently the Chinese have contained the problem.

When we reach the other side of this pandemic it will be interesting to see whether the cure was far deadlier than the disease... I’m thinking that politicians all over the world have fucked up the global economy so badly that the death toll of people taking their own lives and the explosion of other stress related illnesses, mental health issues, substance abuse and domestic violence will contribute to a much higher death toll globally than this virus ever could.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              I’m thinking that politicians all over the world have fucked up the global economy so badly that the death toll of people taking their own lives and the explosion of other stress related illnesses, mental health issues, substance abuse and domestic violence will contribute to a much higher death toll globally than this virus ever could.
              I'm thinking that no matter whether the virus was planted or a natural phenomenon, the politicians all over the world will seize upon this moment in time to exert control over their populations in ways we have never seen before.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                I'm thinking that no matter whether the virus was planted or a natural phenomenon, the politicians all over the world will seize upon this moment in time to exert control over their populations in ways we have never seen before.
                That's already happening...as you know here in Australia they've turned the concept of social distancing into a complete ban on the freedom of movement such as the simple things like going to the beach, to visit a park, to go fishing, to go for a drive in your car...etc

The draconian measures that governments all over the world have adopted to combat the virus has the potential to destroy the working class and totally decimate the middle class.

Those currently with money and those in positions of power (such as the politicians) will be in the best position to profit from the potential collapse of the housing market and all those (successful) businesses that will go under due to the enforcement of total or near total lockdowns of society for a problem that from the outset has affected a very small demographic that would otherwise be a potential victim to the seasonal flu...while up to 86% of the population who don't have any serious symptoms or illness are forced to sit at home with their thumbs stuck up their arse...

Comment

• Carlin
                  • Dec 2011

That's a Great point RTG. Take a look at this article from four days ago:
                  In ex-communist Eastern Europe and elsewhere, populist leaders are introducing harsh measures including uncontrolled cellphone surveillance of their citizens and lengthy jail sentences for those who flout lockdown decrees.

Hungary's Orban, Serbia's Vucic seize greater authority amid coronavirus lockdowns

In ex-communist Eastern Europe and elsewhere, populist leaders are introducing harsh measures including uncontrolled cellphone surveillance of their citizens and lengthy jail sentences for those who flout lockdown decrees. The human rights chief of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe said while she understands the need to act swiftly to protect populations from the COVID-19 pandemic, the newly declared states of emergency must include a time limit and parliamentary oversight.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

...and apparently the Chinese have contained the problem.

When we reach the other side of this pandemic it will be interesting to see whether the cure was far deadlier than the disease... I’m thinking that politicians all over the world have fucked up the global economy so badly that the death toll of people taking their own lives and the explosion of other stress related illnesses, mental health issues, substance abuse and domestic violence will contribute to a much higher death toll globally than this virus ever could.
                    I think you may be right. But even worse, without a functioning economy there is no health system. People will be dying because of Macedonian style hospitals and healthcare.
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

We will have our health system but imagine something akin to the Ottoman tax system. We will be slaves. GST will be 15% within 12 months in my opinion. That's just for starters.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Carlin
                        • Dec 2011

Google's sharing Canadians' location data with the government, but says privacy's assured

URL:

TORONTO -- Google is sharing its Canadian users’ location data to help politicians and public health officials in their response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The tech giant said in a blog post Friday that it will start releasing regular movement reports of its users in areas across Canada.

“In Google Maps, we use aggregated, anonymized data showing how busy certain types of places are—helping identify when a local business tends to be the most crowded,” Dr. Karen DeSalvo, chief health officer for Google Health and Jen Fitzpatrick, senior vice president for Google Geo, wrote in a blog post.

“We have heard from public health officials that this same type of aggregated, anonymized data could be helpful as they make critical decisions to combat COVID-19.”

The reports use data to chart movement trends over time across different places such as retail and recreation, groceries and pharmacies, parks, transit stations, workplaces and residential, Google said.

“This information could help officials understand changes in essential trips that can shape recommendations on business hours or inform delivery service offerings,” DeSalvo and Fitzpatrick wrote.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

We will have our health system but imagine something akin to the Ottoman tax system. We will be slaves. GST will be 15% within 12 months in my opinion. That's just for starters.
                          If your economy tanks, 15% of very little won't be the same.
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

That's already happening...as you know here in Australia they've turned the concept of social distancing into a complete ban on the freedom of movement such as the simple things like going to the beach, to visit a park, to go fishing, to go for a drive in your car...etc

The draconian measures that governments all over the world have adopted to combat the virus has the potential to destroy the working class and totally decimate the middle class.

Those currently with money and those in positions of power (such as the politicians) will be in the best position to profit from the potential collapse of the housing market and all those (successful) businesses that will go under due to the enforcement of total or near total lockdowns of society for a problem that from the outset has affected a very small demographic that would otherwise be a potential victim to the seasonal flu...while up to 86% of the population who don't have any serious symptoms or illness are forced to sit at home with their thumbs stuck up their arse...
                            This is how I feel reading your posts lately. Have you turned into an evil conservative?

You're right [rinses mouth out with diesel], social distancing is not mean't to shut down society and stop us from leaving the house. We are mean't to continue living but keep a couple of meters away from others.

The current numbers show that only 5% need hospitalisation. That means 95% can recover at home as they would for any cold or flu. And I suspect once we discover the real number of people who have it, this 5% will lower to a minuscule proportion.

Even if the Chinese are telling the truth that they only discovered this at the beginning of December, no one shut their borders until around 1 February. Literally millions of people were coming and going from China in those two months. 250,000 of them to Australia. They would have spread it very far and wide. Its very possible that the vast majority are asymptomatic and that these that are experiencing anything are just a small proportion. In other words, the least of our concerns.

WHOs own data shows that since 1 January 2020 the numbers for the following causes of death:

Abortion: 11 million
                            Communicable diseases: 3.4 million
                            Cancer: 2.1 million
                            Smoking related: 1.3 million
                            Alcohol: 650,000
                            Traffic accidents: 350,000
                            Seasonal Flu: 126,000
                            Coronavirus: 59,000 (since 1 December 2019)

Did we really just tank the world economy for this?
                            Last edited by Vangelovski; 04-04-2020, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• Carlin
                              • Dec 2011

A coronavirus vaccine and other treatments to fight the virus are being tested, according to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo.

He said doctors in New York are working with the Food and Drug Administration. Some of the treatments that are being tested are the use of plasma, antibody treatment and the use of hydroxychloroquine.

Cuomo also said they are testing a rapid testing programs which could play a part in protecting vulnerable populations and getting people back to work.

URL:
                              The novel coronavirus continues to spread, with more than a million cases across the globe. Follow here for the latest news.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Potential Australian cure been developed

Comment

Working...
                                X