X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomche Makedonche
    • Oct 2011

Greek Government viewed Dimitrov as a “child”

SDS officials have leaked information to Macedonian media on Nikola Dimitrov’s visit to Athens.

Republika reports that the visit between Kotsias and Dimitrov was not friendly, and Dimitrov behavior and negotiating skills were so bad that Greek Government officials mused they were dealing with a ‘child’.

Perhaps, the list Greek officials gave Dimitrov sums up what they thought of his visit to Athens.

Keep in mind, both Dimitrov and Zaev publicly announced Macedonia will enter NATO and the EU very quickly under the UN reference. The source of this sort of optimism comes from the fact Zaev had met both in secret and publicly with Greek Government officials and operatives for years.

Official Athens went as far as to gift the Strumica mayor a beautiful hacienda on the shores of the Aegean sea.

However, upon the visit, Kotsias told Dimitrov there is no chance for Macedonia to enter NATO or the EU under the reference. In addition, this is the list of demands Dimitrov received from the Greek Government as a “must do” for them to remove the veto:

1. Cannot enter the EU or NATO under the reference.
    2. Must change the name. Identity and language must match the new name.
    3. New name must be present in personal IDs, not just passports.
    4. Must change your Constitution, and the name in it.
    5. No referendum is allowed on the name. Should there be one and is not successful, you cannot hold a new referendum for 20 years.
    6. The opposition must agree to the new name, we cannot afford problems if a new Government comes to power.
    7. You must remove all monuments tied to Alexander the Great.

Dimitrov, dubbed ‘the charmer’ within his party, was unable to find the exit door once he received Athens’ demands.
    The Greek Government is fully aware their demands are unacceptable and absurd, however, want to make the most of it with the treasonous Macedonian Government in place.

Dimitrov on his end, just two days after coming back to Macedonia already started working to meet some of Athens demands.
    According to the Foreign Minister, Macedonia doesn’t need monuments to feel Macedonian!

The current focus of western diplomats and Zaev’s government in Macedonia is to remove Gruevski from the leadership position at VMRO-DPMNE, to pave the way first for success at local elections and later for changing the name.
    “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Stojacanec
      • Dec 2009

What a surprise. The gReeks never respect any Macedonian dignitary or authority. Macedonians are always met with contempt at every level. They want to control who follows a war hero almost 2500 years ago.

How ridiculous are they?

I think all those gReeks may have got the same letter as to how My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 ended.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
        • Aug 2011

Greeks furious at German Minister of State for Europe, Michael Roth

The Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a statement calling for the German Minister of State for Europe, Michael Roth, to "stop giving lessons in history and respect his European partners' sensitivity" after his statement that "the name issue is total madness and no one outside Macedonia and Greece understands it".
        Roth gave this statement after meeting the Macedonian Foreign Minister yesterday and it immediately caught the ears of our plate-smashing neighbors.
        Канал 5 телевизија како една од водечките телевизиски куќи во Македонија, од 1998 година на малите екрани до гледање онлајн денес, известува за најновите вести од Македонија, регионот и светот.
        ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
        ― George Orwell

Comment

• vicsinad
          • May 2011

The government has accepted the Law of the Languages making Albanian an official language in the entire country.

At yesterday's 20th session, the Government has accepted the text for the Law for use of languages that resulted from the adjustment of the national program from the of the right of the European Union

In one week, Zaev capitulated to the Albanians and Bulgarians. Where are the Macedonians?

The idea of a Macedonian government in exile is looking good right about now, Risto.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

We just lost our homeland.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• vicsinad
              • May 2011

I am surprised that DPMNE supporters are not yet taking to the streets.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                I am surprised that DPMNE supporters are not yet taking to the streets.
                I suspect they will when it becomes law.
                I hope everyone does before that happens ... but doubt it.

This topic is worthy of a separate thread Vic.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Odi Zvezdo
                  • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  I suspect they will when it becomes law.
                  I hope everyone does before that happens ... but doubt it.

This topic is worthy of a separate thread Vic.
                  My question is where is Macedonia's saviour that will put a bullet in Zaev and blow up SDSM's headquarters??

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Odi Zvezdo View Post
                    My question is where is Macedonia's saviour that will put a bullet in Zaev and blow up SDSM's headquarters??
                    The cancer extends far beyond SDSm.
                    DPmNE were willing to do the same thing.

A better question is where are the Macedonians in FYROM?
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Stefan of Pelagonia
                      NDM is the only political party in Macedonia with the courage to defend Macedonia's national interests. They even said that if they come to power they will abolish the framework agreement, and condemn the falsified 2002 census which falsely showed albanians being above 20%.

However, being a nationalistic right-wing political party means that they don't receive any funds from Europe, unlike their leftist counterparts. That's why they have limited time on TV and not many people know about them. They even banned them from the last parliamentary elections fearing that the majority of Macedonians will like what they hear from that party, and abandon their traditional DPMNE-SDSM allegiances.

Here is their website:

However I fear that it's too late now, I don't know if the damage done by SDS can be repaired.

I don't know if they would be viewed as a right-wing nationalistic party, all with their talk about protecting minority rights and taxing the rich.
                      I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                        • Jul 2012

So it seems that the NDM party is intertwined with the Tvrdokorni organisations? The first video is the leader of of the NDM Janko Bacev speaking at the Tvrdokorni protest a few days ago.

Претседателот на НДМ проф. д-р Јанко Бачев денес, сабота, 2 септември 2017 се обрати на протестниот собир во организација на Граѓанското здружение „Тврдокорн...

Поддржувачи на „македонското патриотско зрдружение Тврдокорни“ попладнево се собраа пред Соборниот храм во Скопје на марш под мотото „аболиција за уставобран...

Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/a1onmk/Web: http://a1on.mk/Copyright: OnAir Media Group: http://onair.mk/
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• mklion
                          • Jun 2014

Anyone know what's going on with migrants being settled into Macedonia? I keep reading reports that 1-200000 are going to be settled throughout the country but that could just be propaganda. Any ideas?

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by mklion View Post
                            Anyone know what's going on with migrants being settled into Macedonia? I keep reading reports that 1-200000 are going to be settled throughout the country but that could just be propaganda. Any ideas?
                            I haven't heard anything but sounds like bullshit. There is no conceivable way that the RoM could settle that many refugees. It is also unlikely they are settling any refugees at all are they lack the infrastructure to do so and are under no obligation from anyone to do so (not in the EU). As far as I know, refugee's have been crossing through Macedonia to reach EU states that are better equipped for settling them.
                            I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Albo
                              • May 2014

Albania and Macedonia to hold joint
                              Government meeting!

Comment

• Albo
                                • May 2014

Macedonia's Social Democrats Look To Deliver On European Promise

Macedonia's Social Democrats won an unexpectedly large share of the vote in municipal elections that essentially became a referendum on the country's future, which is a European one. (The views expressed in this blog post do not necessarily reflect those of RFE/RL.)

Comment

Working...
                                X