Osman II was the Conqueror of the Macedonians, 1630!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Osman II was the Conqueror of the Macedonians, 1630!

Title page.

Page 143.

Source: “Epistolae Ho-Elianae:Familiar letters” by James Howell, 10th edition, 1737.

As you all can read for yourselves, Osman II was executed by his uncle Mustafa I in 1622, he had then been a Sultan since 1618 thus his reign only lasted 4 years. During this time he held the Titles that I have highlighted above, one of which was "Conqueror of the Macedonians, the Seed of Great Alexander".
    Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Good find Daskalot, very interesting. Osman II was a Turko-Greek, by his father and mother respectively, thus quite ironically known as the 'Conqueror of Macedonians'. I am curious to know how this title came to be attached to him, did he run campaigns in Macedonia against rebels? Was it a hereditary or honorary title of some sort?

It seems that the fusion of Serbs and Greeks with the Turks on multiple levels was prevalent during the first few centuries of Ottoman domination in Europe.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
    X