• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Macedonian_Nationalist
    • Jul 2012

Largest ancient tomb found of a prominent Macedonian

Tomb of Alexander the Great Unearthed?

A group of archaeologists in Amphipolis, a municipality in Serres, claim to have made one of the greatest archaeological discoveries ever, as they believe they have uncovered the tomb of Alexander the Great.

They said the tomb has a circumference of 498 meters, an artwork of perfection would only be built for a king.

Th masterpiece is externally covered with high quality exquisitely-carved marble, a remarkable feat given the tools available at the time.

The tomb once was covered with soil and topped with a lion, the one that has been reassembled further uphill and known as the Lion of Amphipolis which was found by Greek soldiers in 1912.
    A group of archaeologists in Amphipolis, a municipality in Serres, claim to have made one of the greatest archaeological discoveries ever, as they believe they have uncovered the tomb of Alexander the Great. They said the tomb has a circumference of 498 meters, an artwork of perfection would only be built for a king. Th […]
    Last edited by Macedonian_Nationalist; 08-22-2013, 06:59 AM.
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

if that's the case where is the corpus delecti.The body of alexander???
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
      MN
      Yeah right....they wish! This will be the 10th time they have found it! Bunch of lying fucks!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
        MN
        Yeah right....they wish! This will be the 10th time they have found it! Bunch of lying fucks!
        Makedonche, even if they did find it Seres is a Macedonian city. They even kept the Macedonian name on this one!

Comment

• makedonche
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Macedonian_Nationalist View Post
          Makedonche, even if they did find it Seres is a Macedonian city. They even kept the Macedonian name on this one!
          MN
          That's true, but these gjuptsi would fall into a barrel of nipples and still come out sucking their thumbs!
          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

alexander wished to be buried in macedonia but where??
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
              • Jan 2009

Greeks now reporting that the people in Skopje are in shock for the possible discovery of Alexander the Greats Tomb in Serres ...
              Yeah right...lol
              What ever is found there is still on Macedonian Soil... do they realise that..?
              Survivor,ΕΙΔΗΣΕΙΣ,SURVIVOR 2024,MEDIA, TV, Αστυνομικά, ΥΓΕΙΑ, ΖΩΔΙΑ, ΕΛΛΑΔΑ, ΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΑ

The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                • Jul 2012

I think that this is it! It's huge!

I wonder if they'll fabricate whatever is inside

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

ha anyone heard the may be at one place but his body hasn't been discovered & it has gone everey where
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Epirot
                    • Mar 2010

If that is true (which I highly doubt), then our old friend from Serres has reason to pride himself as descendant of Alexander. I am talking about Agamoi Thytai, the tobacco planter from the vicinity of Serres who had multiple accounts here. He always felt an inner force for his particular interest on ancient Macedonians. The tomb of Alexander which lies somewhere in his arable lands has permanently exerted influence on him Seriously speaking, Kapetan Doukas (another nickname of him) is more likely a descendant of Bucephalus, although this comparison would offend horses. Who knows what else is unrevealed in the arable lands of this tobacco planter
                    IF OUR CHRONICLES DO NOT LIE, WE CALL OURSELVES AS EPIROTES!

Comment

• Macedonian_Nationalist
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Epirot View Post
                      If that is true (which I highly doubt), then our old friend from Serres has reason to pride himself as descendant of Alexander. I am talking about Agamoi Thytai, the tobacco planter from the vicinity of Serres who had multiple accounts here. He always felt an inner force for his particular interest on ancient Macedonians. The tomb of Alexander which lies somewhere in his arable lands has permanently exerted influence on him Seriously speaking, Kapetan Doukas (another nickname of him) is more likely a descendant of Bucephalus, although this comparison would offend horses. Who knows what else is unrevealed in the arable lands of this tobacco planter
                      Wasn't he a prosfiga?

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

a bunch of wannabes.Macedonian royalty had quite a number of palaces all around.So there are plenty of takers.Even julius caesar saw alexanders body in roman times then eventually it dissapeared???Serres may not be the burial ground of alexander.What today you are going to tell me that it was greek.When greeks never set foot in the aegean area before.There's even tombs of alexander in afghanistan etc.
                        All those on the mlaka websites do hold multiple accounts & they like to masquerade as something else.All whackos.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Epirot View Post
                          Epirot
                          Commendable analysis!

Comment

• iceman
                            • Sep 2008

Yeah ! Watch them ("Greek" Settlers) pull out all the items they bought from Macedonia illegally and smuggled in and claim them to be great "Greek" Settler treasures

Comment

• EricTheRed
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                              Yeah ! Watch them ("Greek" Settlers) pull out all the items they bought from Macedonia illegally and smuggled in and claim them to be great "Greek" Settler treasures
                              The way you put it, Macedonia sold these items to Greeks, against it's own(???) law. Most here will agree that this doesnt make sense. I must also point out that the modern Republic has not control over the areas where these relics are found, since these areas belong to Greece for the past 100 years. Hence, these excavations etc cannot be called illegal. You could call them unethical etc, but certainly not illegal.

Comment

Working...
                              X