X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Delodephius
    • Sep 2008

Old stuff and artifacts

Do you have some old stuff at your house? Like over 50 years old. Or over a thousand years old.
    I have a Roman or someone else's spear head that is at least fifteen centuries old. My cousin found it in his garden, he lives in Srem (Sirmia) where on the location of modern day Sremska Mitrovica once stood the Roman city of Sirmium. The city itself and the surrounding countryside is rich in ancient artefacts. He also found a ring, but he never showed it to me.
    Apart from ancient stuff I also have a lots of things from my great grandparents. An 80 year old cupboard, richly decorated in Slovak style, a mirror from 1905, a whole collection of Bibles and different religious text ranging from 1860's to the 1920's written in old Czech in the Schwabacher script, and a coin from 1899 with a picture of Franz Joseph.
    अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
    उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
    This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
    But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.
  • Sarafot
    • Dec 2008

I have original Macedonian dress-nosija,5 turkish golden liras,and two golden coins of Aleksander which my uncle found it in Damian mine,another prove that macedonians were settled there and vilage is steel there,i also have a 50 years old book about Goce Delčev and bunch of personal old phothos of my ancestors!
    Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
    - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

I have a 1975 Fender Stratocaster that has the most awesome guitar tone.
      I have some old Echolette valve guitar amplifiers from the 60's that make most Marshall amps sound like a swarm of flies in comparison.
      I have an old Hitler microphone that sounds awesome and a similar one was used on one of the latest Pearl Jam albums.

Oh, I also have a personal letter from Alexander the Great written to me in the future. It was in Cyrillic naturally.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Venom
        • Sep 2008

Risto we know that Led Zeppelin was the best band ever, right?

Who did Alex leave his empire to? The Macedonians of Australia?
        S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

Some 30 years ago while ploughing one of his fields (niva) in the village of X, Bitolsko, my grandfather's horses fell through the ground.

The ground just gave in and the horses fell through. They tied rope to the horses and got them out and they could see some old (perhaps ancient) walls down below where the horses fell. With his sons (my uncle's) my grandfather filled the hole up with land and continued ploughing his fields (which he needed to do, in order to live).

My grandparents have since passed away and they moved out of X into the village of Kravari (closer to Bitola city) a few years after that discovery - the land is still owned by my mother's side of the family (my mother and her brothers and sisters) but nobody has been back to see what it was, nor has anyone called any experts to find out when those walls and whatever else is down there, dates from.

When I was there just some 6 months ago, I wanted to dig it up and call Pasko Kuzman or someone to have a look, but never did - although when I was there and it rained, you could hear the rain sifting all the way through the ground and hitting on something beneath the ground.

Other than that, overseas we have a short knife which dates back to the late 1800's and and a longer knife which dates back to the same period, belonged to my great-grandfather who fought with the Komiti and killed a few Turks with those knives.

I also have some original Macedonian national clothing which dates back 150 years.

Also a coin which dates back to Alexander's time and a coin which dates from Roman times, found on my uncle's tobacco field (niva).

They're all in Macedonia though. Here I have a 'bokal' for drinking wine (I forget how to call this in English) which is over 150 years old.
          Last edited by Rogi; 02-09-2009, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Venom View Post
            Risto we know that Led Zeppelin was the best band ever, right?
            Venom.
            Indeed we know this ... from the darkest depths of Mordor.
            The song remains the same.

Who did Alex leave his empire to? The Macedonians of Australia?
            Ummm, I hate to boast. I will just keep quiet.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Delodephius
              • Sep 2008

Yeah, I forgot, I have some old clothes too.
              अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
              उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
              This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
              But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Venom
                • Sep 2008

Risto, don't "Ramble On".

But seriously, I have an old, old bottle used for rakija, my dedo used in the war against our Southern Neighbours. I have no clue how old it is, nor how to get it valued in Sydney.
                S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Volk
                  • Sep 2008

Have two coins with Alexander from the 300'sBC, also some gold Austro-Hungarian coins, WWII Partisan Badge.

Rogi Preporacuvam odma da gi smenis iminata na mestata vo tovojot post.
                  Eden search vo google odma pokazuva tocno kade e toa selo so direkcii kako da se stigne tamo.

Isto taka preporacuvam da storis toa sto si mislel, da zboris so gospodinot Kuzman, deka od koga ke go nema nego, koj znaj sto ke se sluvi so divo kopaci, SEGA E VREMETO

Pozdav
                  Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Rogi
                    • Sep 2008

Nema sansa div kopac tamu da se napika. Odma ke go obesat. No sepak, go menav imeto na seloto. pozz

Comment

• TerraNova
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2008

I have two ancient coins ,my aunt found in her fields in Chalkidiki.

One bronze coin of Cassander (302-297 BC) -one side Hercules,or Alexander in lion's skin,other onee horseman holding two spears.

One bronze coin of Aphytos Polis-4th cent BC.One side Ammon Zeus (bearded with the horn on the head) on the other a stylized thunder and the inscription ΑΦΥΤ(ος).

One Ottoman coin, 20 grossia -of 1848 ,found in my Grandpa's house (Emathia region).

Also an icon of St.George (second half of the 19th century,as i was told from a friend who studied Byzantine iconography) ,family relic.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

I have Macedonian blood.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

I have a Macedonian wife that will be 40 this year.

... le le ... she will kill me for typing this!
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                            • Jan 2009

A Lady friend of dads, still lives in Bitola who told him that she had found a big Statue Dates back in the roman times or older near Heraclea... she found it her NIVA..she has reburied it, and did not reveal the location..as you would..
                            She is afraid to notify the Government as they might take it off her..and she know's the value of it...I'm afraid that she will sell it for the right price to the wrong people..if you know what i mean? What should she do? to keep it in Macedonia?
                            The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Sarafot
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
                              A Lady friend of dads, still lives in Bitola who told him that she had found a big Statue Dates back in the roman times or older near Heraclea... she found it her NIVA..she has reburied it, and did not reveal the location..as you would..
                              She is afraid to notify the Government as they might take it off her..and she know's the value of it...I'm afraid that she will sell it for the right price to the wrong people..if you know what i mean? What should she do? to keep it in Macedonia?
                              She have to find an advocate,present her case to him,give the statue to govermant and recive some sort of reward,wery easy+she has to inform medias about the case so every body will now that gowermant rewardet her and there will no longer be divokopači!
                              Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                              - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

Working...
                              X