• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coolski
    • Sep 2008

Here is a quote which I found on an Australian Republic forum

"Nobody is more inferior than those who insist on being equal."

It is a very interesting quote, because on one hand if you are not treated equally, you would naturally insist on being equal, but on the other hand if you keep insisting on being equal you recognise the fact that you have not been treated equally to start with and make it more difficult to be treated equally by those who you are dealing with.

Macedonian diplomacy has had so much to do with this quote since independence, and it is no wonder we exist where we are today. Thankfully it is becoming clearer that Macedonian representatives are taking less and less notice of the Greeks, and it seems to be making a difference.

With relation to minority rights for Macedonians in Greece, this quote also applies, but it is much more difficult to solve. What do you guys think?
    - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
    - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Coolski, interesting topic.
    But I have no idea what you are saying in relation to the Macedonians from the Republic.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Coolski
      • Sep 2008

I'm saying that the policy of Macedonian politics in the past has been to seek equal rights internationally, and that has been a major reason why we are treated poorly. To be treated equal, we shouldn't have to seek equality, we should expect it, and that means giving much less weight to countries such as Yunanistan.
      Last edited by Coolski; 01-21-2009, 11:23 PM.
      - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
      - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Venom
        • Sep 2008

Coolski I agree one billion percent.
        S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Aha!
          I completely agree.
          This is the victim mentality I am totally against. Iran is an interesting example of what happens when you stop crying in public. Aside from the USA wanting to bomb the be-jesus out of them, they are showing some real resolve! Yunanistan wants Macedonia to go away quietly, but rather than doing this. It needs to assert itself. This is what the Diaspora wants. I assume the Macedonians of Macedonia want it as well, but they are "victims" who need to wake from their slumber.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Coolski View Post
            I'm saying that the policy of Macedonian politics in the past has been to seek equal rights internationally, and that has been a major reason why we are treated poorly. To be treated equal, we shouldn't have to seek equality, we should expect it, and that means giving much less weight to countries such as Yunanistan.

I would agree with that point, but the problems facing the Macedonian government are far worse than that.

Comment

• Venom
              • Sep 2008

Macedonia's problems all stem from the European Union and greece. It was the EU who forced us to give the Albanians language 'rights', it is the EU who is forcing us to change our name, it is the EU who does not do anything about the Macedonian minorities in all our neighbouring countries, it is the EU who kept us out of NATO and it is the EU giving us a carrot, telling us we may join their elite organisation if we give in completely.

And it is the Macedonian people who let them get away with this all the time without saying a single thing about it.

Coolski you mentioned something once and it really stuck with me. The slave mentality of the Macedonian people after centuries of rule by the Romans, the Ottomans, Yugoslavia and the rest is really stuck in their minds. Instead of thinking of a way to solve this problem themselves they are waiting for another master who may be a bit better than the last thousand years worth.

Comment

• Coolski
                • Sep 2008

Yep. It seems that all of our neighbours (except perhaps the Albanians) have had a 200 or so year head start in ridding themselves of this mindset, albeit always supported by some sort of power (either western Europe or Russia) to help them ease out of it. The Macedonian nation has had no such luxury in the last 200 or 20 or years for that matter.

In another thread I think Pelister mentioned how destroying the Macedonian nation is the easy option from the perspective of major powers, and the reason has much to do with the passivity of the Macedonian people. Imagine if the everyday Macedonians in MKD, GR, BG and AL began to truly assert themselves as equals. Then I am certain that destroying the Macedonian nation would not be the path of least energy and plans to destroy the Macedonians would have to be scrapped.

What's the key?
                1. Education
                2. Balls

The recent developments in northern Greece with regards to military blockades has given me hope that this might be possible, because it is these communities that hold the key to developments which involve MKD. Actions such as these will speak volumes and show the world that it will be easier to let Macedonians be, compared to trying to press us into a different mould until we don't exist anymore.
                Last edited by Coolski; 01-22-2009, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• Venom
                  • Sep 2008

Do you know I have said this so many times before and I think most people agree. It's not the greeks that are the problem really, when it comes down to it. They are a simple puppet who very willingly do what their EU masters tell them to. It is powers who want to get rid of the Macedonian nation and people. They've tried with war and failed, they are trying snide politics and slowly they are failing at that.

It's easier to say Macedonia doesn't exist than to go and rewrite, so to speak, everything about modern greece, bulgaria, albania and the others that have had a finger in the Macedonian pot.

But I think you nailed it. The one major thing we need, is the thing we are lacking the most: Balls.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

"Balls" can only realistically come from the Diaspora. The victim or slave mindset needs an alternative and positive reinforcement. The economic inferiority of Macedonia plays havoc on the Macedonian psyche. Macedonians in the Diaspora have the economic comfort and demographic equality to offer a new perspective to the Macedonians of the Republic and surrounding regions. They should be heard.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

I agree 100% Risto.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Coolski View Post
                        Over 2 years later Coolski .... nothing appears to have changed.
                        Have your thoughts changed in relation to this issue?
                        I would suggest Macedonian politicians have been seeking inferior rights internationally and have convinced their voters that this is the best they can achieve.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                        X