• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makedonia
    Banned
    • Sep 2008

Ethnicity

The term ethnic and ethnicity is very much in vogue these days.

We have people in the Balkans identifying as ethnic Macedonians, others as ethnic Greeks, ethnic Albanians, ethnic Bulgarians, ethnic Serbians to name a few.

I have read articles where the term ethnic Slav is used as an ethnicity.

Who or what in the Balkans would fit this description?
  • Daniel
    • Sep 2008

Technically, no one. Slavic is not an ethnicity, but a linguistic sub group.

The main question that should be asked is what is the difference between nationality and ethnicity, seeing as most Greeks get them confused quite often.

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
      • Sep 2008

Probably no one.
      And besides the term ethnicity has been "in vogue" since the 19th century. Itīs nice though that you, the greeks, finally have caught up on that

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Ethnic Slav is a Greek concoction.
        I tell you what ... if the only Ethnic Slavs in the World are Macedonians ... and they call themselves Macedonian ... then you know what ... they are Macedonians.

But if you want to bunch us up with Russians etc, then you are as stupid as your posts are looking.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by slovenec zrinski View Post
          And besides the term ethnicity has been "in vogue" since the 19th century. Itīs nice though that you, the greeks, finally have caught up on that
          Don't be too sure.
          Anti-Risto disagrees.
          Anti-Risto is Risto the Great in "Anti world": I am Macedonian, therefore I am Greek. I can't help it. I come from Macedonia (Northern Greece). I am Greek but I am Macedonian. When people ask me what I am I say "Macedonian". When a local Aussie asks me what I am, I say Macedonian. They say "but
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Makedonia
            Banned
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            Ethnic Slav is a Greek concoction.
            I tell you what ... if the only Ethnic Slavs in the World are Macedonians ... and they call themselves Macedonian ... then you know what ... they are Macedonians.

But if you want to bunch us up with Russians etc, then you are as stupid as your posts are looking.
            Wrong again Risto. Control your anti Greek attitude. It cheapens your presence here.

So are you saying that the ethnic Slavs are Russians?

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

So are you saying that the ethnic Slavs are Russians.
              No, I am not.
              Are you? Because you are as cryptic as a blind watermelon. Get to your point.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Makedonia
                Banned
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                No, I am not.
                Are you? Because you are as cryptic as a blind watermelon. Get to your point.
                Cloth ears, my point is who are the ethnic Slavs in the Balkans?

Answer or be deleted.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Makedonia is no longer with us, friends.
                  He struggled with niceties.
                  But to be clear, there are no ethnic Slavs in the Balkans. There are many ethnicities that speak Slavic languages in the Balkans.

He was trying to suggest Macedonians should be happy to call themselves ethnic Slavs ... with a painfully obvious logical extension that we should name ourselves Slavadonians or something equally stupid.

These Greek people are solely here to deny our right to self determination. How can dialogue exist with people who refuse to acknowledge your existence?
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
                    • Sep 2008

I was wondering how long you would put up with his intrasigence (sorry for that Dora-ism).
                    Of course his sole purpose of this thread was to suggest slv-mkd for you.
                    And..I very much get what you mean Anti-risto...whenever I levitate to that other dimension that is

Comment

• Delodephius
                      • Sep 2008

I have never heard of anyone calling him/herself Slav by ethnicity. 300 million Slavic speakers in the World, to those whom Slavic languages are fist. There are perhaps some 200 million to whom they are second. Because Slav is merely a linguistic term, then about 500 million people in this world are Slavs.
                      अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
                      उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
                      This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
                      But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Venom
                        • Sep 2008

See? This is perfect Risto. You can discuss the same bullshit copy-pasted Britannica dribble till the blue and fucken white cows come home but sometimes (most of them time when dealing with these smotani) you just need to be friends with the ban button.

We know these fools are not here to discuss anything nor see anything for a point of view that isn't what Dora and Co. dictates. So no point in keeping them here. Operation Broom indeed.

Ethnic fucken slav indeed.
                        S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2008

Why then are the Slavs considered one of the 5 main races in Europe??
                          Slovak are u seriously telling us that the SLAVS aren't a race???

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2008

The Slavic peoples are an ethnic and linguistic branch of Indo-European peoples, living mainly in Europe. From the early 6th century they spread from their original homeland (most commonly thought to be in Eastern Europe) to inhabit most of eastern Central Europe, Eastern Europe and the Balkans. Many settled later in Siberia and Central Asia or emigrated to other parts of the world.

Modern nations and ethnic groups called by the ethnonym "Slavs" are considerably genetically and culturally diverse and relations between them are varied, ranging from a sense of connection to feelings of mutual resentment.

Slavic peoples are classified into West Slavic (including Czechs, Kashubians, Poles, Slovaks, Silesians and Sorbs), East Slavic (including Belarusians, Russians, and Ukrainians), and South Slavic (including Bosniaks, Bulgarians, Croats, Macedonians, Montenegrins, Serbs and Slovenes).

Comment

• Truth Bearer
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                              See? This is perfect Risto. You can discuss the same bullshit copy-pasted Britannica dribble till the blue and fucken white cows come home but sometimes (most of them time when dealing with these smotani) you just need to be friends with the ban button.

We know these fools are not here to discuss anything nor see anything for a point of view that isn't what Dora and Co. dictates. So no point in keeping them here. Operation Broom indeed.

Ethnic fucken slav indeed.
                              Why is it so hard for you to open a dialogue Venom??Why just have all this hatred built inside you instead of letting all out ?Do you think it's healthy to hold all within?

Comment

Working...
                              X