X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lerin
    • Jul 2011

so called greek macedonian anthem

Hi guys i have come across this so called greek macedonian anthem on the net also called makedonia ksakousti. I am positive that this is a macedonian song i have heard with macedonian lyrics that go like this
    Makedonia zemja mila trojno razdelena macedonia my beloved land divided three ways. i know i have this song on a tape somewhere. Can someone confirm that this is a macedonian song that the greeks have taken and put their own lyrics too. I remember listening to it in macedonian when i was young but can't find it on the net. Cheers Ps if you don't recognise me as macedonian you can go forth and multiply and grkomani za stramota.
  • Brian
    Banned
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by lerin View Post
    Hi guys... Cheers Ps if you don't recognise me as macedonian you can go forth and multiply and grkomani za stramota.
    'Hello' to you too.

Comment

• Niko777
      • Oct 2010

It's a Greek nationalist song, the Macedonian version was made later.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Can you elaborate on that Niko?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• makedonche
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by lerin View Post
          Hi guys i have come across this so called greek macedonian anthem on the net also called makedonia ksakousti. I am positive that this is a macedonian song i have heard with macedonian lyrics that go like this
          Makedonia zemja mila trojno razdelena macedonia my beloved land divided three ways. i know i have this song on a tape somewhere. Can someone confirm that this is a macedonian song that the greeks have taken and put their own lyrics too. I remember listening to it in macedonian when i was young but can't find it on the net. Cheers Ps if you don't recognise me as macedonian you can go forth and multiply and grkomani za stramota.
          Lerin
          So takvo ime, kak ne ke te poznaime!
          Last edited by makedonche; 11-10-2011, 10:58 PM.
          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Niko777
            • Oct 2010

Can you elaborate on that Niko?
            SoM, I do not know much on who wrote it or when it was created, but I do know is that Macedonians from Aegean Macedonia have always considered it a nationalistic Greek song, we have negative feelings towards this song. It is a song associated with the Greek state and Greek occupation of Macedonia.

I asked my parents and they said the first time they heard the Macedonian version was in the mid or late 1990s, whereas they were familiar with the Greek version well before that.
            Last edited by Niko777; 11-10-2011, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Fair enough, thanks Niko, perhaps some of the other Macedonians from that region can also shed some light.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• lerin
                • Jul 2011

Ok thanks guys but i know i heard this in the 80s and i doubt that macedonians would have taken the music and added their own lyrics.
                Lyrics i know include makedonijo zemjo mila troyno razdelena, makedonio ti si rodost makedonsko na makedoncite. I dont see this as a greek song but lets wait and see. I know how often they steal our songs i find it hard to believe we would have taken that tune and added our words.

Comment

• Sekirani
                  • Feb 2010

Lerin, i have this song - i had it originally on cassette tape, then i converted it to mp3 on my computer, dont know who the singer is but he definetly sounds like he is from Aegean Macedonia, it was played on Melbourne's Macedonian radio program back in the early 90's - perhaps '91 or '92, and i taped it from there, not bad quality, i've tried uploading it to MKMuzika but they're upload feature has not been working since January - the name of the song is Makedonijo Zemjo Mila

Comment

• lerin
                    • Jul 2011

IJust to make sure things are clear this song is not makedonijo zemjo mila. The song i am referring to has the same tune and music as the so called one with greek words however in macedonian. I will get to the bottom of this.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                      • Nov 2009

Makedonija--NIKOLA DAVIDOVSKI ''ZEMJO MILA'' - YouTube
                      Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

Lavce i seen this song before in the 1990's on sbs tv in australia.
                        Last edited by George S.; 11-11-2011, 07:21 AM. Reason: edit
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

I've got a feeling that if the greeks have got this song because they have copied it.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                            • Jan 2010

Hey guys,
                            This is the song you're looking for. I recorded it from cassette years ago and uploaded it onto youtube a few months ago simply because I could not find the song anywhere. I'm not sure of the title of the song, so I just labelled it according to a few of the lyrics.

Zemja Makedonska - YouTube

Very sad song, one of the most meaningful and passionate Macedonian songs I've heard.

The Greek version called 'Makedonia Ksakusti' is essentially considered the unofficial national anthem of 'Greek Macedonia,' as they call it. A lot of the soccer teams in Greek occupied Macedonia sing the song as well as the Greek army. I'm not sure which came first, but the truth is only evident in the Macedonian version.

Here is the English translation of the 'Greek' version:
                            Famous Macedonia
                            the land of Alexander,
                            you drove away the barbarians,
                            and now you are free!
                            You are and you'll be Greek,
                            the very glory of Greeks,
                            and we will be looking
                            you with pride again!
                            Macedonians cannot
                            live enslaved,
                            even if they lose everything,
                            they still have their Freedom!
                            I'm glad you guys brought this up, I've been searching for the title of the Macedonian version for a long time...it seems to be a rare gem.
                            Years ago I heard that the Greeks also banned this song, but such actions would be no surprise, and the Greek oppression of the Macedonian language, identity and culture is well documented.

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

Hello Lerin.

My mother always requested this song and used to dance to it in her village back in the 1940's/50's (so she has told me). The first time i heard it was in 1990 on cassete, recorded by a Melbourne Macedonian band. The name of the band slips my mind, but if anyone is familiar with the svirach Pande (not sure if he plays in a band anymore). Pande was also the lead singer of this band. It is definitely Macedonian imho.

Another clue, is look at the false Greek version lyrics. None of it makes sense (historically) so it was nothing but a propaganda attempt.

Cheers guys.

PS: i think there is an old Macedonian black and white movie with this song used in its sound track. Its a instrumental only version of it. I will try and investigate it and if i find it, i will pass it on. It will be difficult.
                              Last edited by Bill77; 11-11-2011, 08:15 AM.
                              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                              X