X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osiris
    • Sep 2008

question for SOM

som have you noticed that the quality of greek internet warrior has declined dramitacally, from the glory years of stupidity, the istrans sygross akritas etc etc. or am i being to harsh on our current crop of wannabee hellenic intellectuals.
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Allow me an opportunity Osiris.
    The tidal wave of information being brought to our attention over the last few years thanks to the internet is providing a clearer and clearer picture of the Macedonian people. What us Macedonians know about ourselves and what the new information reveals is the same.

So, the "current crop" of apologists are facing this information onslaught and running back to the vaguest of antiquarian quotes for some comfort. They are facing an uphill battle and they know it.

I can envision a time when we will hear a "live and let live" approach from the Greeks. How they will do anything to avoid the worldwide embarrassment of revealing a few truths about their modern identity. This will include a very hush hushed approach to "letting" the Macedonians have their "new" identity. I seriously give it five years.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• osiris
      • Sep 2008

you are right rtg good analysis, their time is comin alright.

macedonia is the key to pandoras box. happy new year by the way.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Osiris,

I believe Risto summed it up quite nicely.

I will tell you something about myself, I am a realist, and if I did not believe in the history of my Macedonian nation I would not waste my time.

As I know that the Macedonian cause is the just cause, that the Macedonian Truth is the reality of our history, I will never give up on my objective to promote the truth of the Macedonians.

We are becoming stronger because we fight for the truth, they are becoming weaker because their only weapon is the distortion of history. It is as simple as that, and that is why things are the way they are now, and will continue to be so down the track.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TerraNova
          Banned
          • Nov 2008

No ,the answer is much more simple.

Everyone who brings documents to support the opposite you believe (and there are multiple than the rare and controversial you bring ) ,is accused for propaganda or "negation of Macedonian identity" and is banned.

So you stay here discussing about the huge finding of the first Greek constitution ,or about a writer of the 19th century who wrote "Macedonians,Dalmatians and Mysians" ...as if they were an apocalypse ...marking a new era.

Congratulations guys.

Comment

• Jankovska
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post

Everyone who brings documents to support the opposite you believe (and there are multiple than the rare and controversial you bring ) ,is accused for propaganda or "negation of Macedonian identity" and is banned.

So you stay here discussing about the huge finding of the first Greek constitution ,or about a writer of the 19th century who wrote "Macedonians,Dalmatians and Mysians" ...as if they were an apocalypse ...marking a new era.

Congratulations guys.

and you come here for what? I mean you avoid answering most of our questions but the admins still seem to think it's fine and useful to have you here. It's ok to have Greek people on the forum and discuss stuff but IT IS not ok to have people of no use who are here to spread their propaganda and you are one of them. I truly hope your end is coming here as it did on maknews and other Macedonian sides. You don't bring anything to this forum, you don't bring discussion, you just bring lies and propaganda.

Comment

• sydney
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
              som have you noticed that the quality of greek internet warrior has declined dramitacally, from the glory years of stupidity, the istrans sygross akritas etc etc. or am i being to harsh on our current crop of wannabee hellenic intellectuals.
              what ever happened to petros houhoulis? i remember him from the good old days on the "macedonia for the macedonians" forum.

Comment

• Venom
                • Sep 2008

sydney do you mean syggross? Well, he started raving about how his family could be traced back to 600BC so he was banned.

Then later he admitted he is a pontiac.

So much for that piece of trash.
                S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• sydney
                  • Sep 2008

venom, houhoulis was one of these 'my shit doesn't stink' types, but i don't think it is the same person.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post

Congratulations guys.
                    Seriously mate should we take out the violin?

When you are prepared to answer the same questions about your own people as you pose to the Macedonians, then come to the table and talk on the level. Your response is bit of a joke given that you are one of the 'Greek' members here who has a habit of running away from any valid debate that does not conform to your delusion of Neohellenism.

Go to bed, enough of your jibberish for the day.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bratot
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                      They have a period of stagnation, in creative sense
                      The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Venom
                        • Sep 2008

Yeah. Give them time to think of new fairy tales. Grkomani are a resilient if not bright bunch. I mean, look at how many times Ed has been banned! And Terra Nova thinks that if he dresses in drag then that makes him a woman.
                        S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• osiris
                          • Sep 2008

i think it ws also my own awakening in so mnay ways, i was one of the victims of a combination of western and titoist historiograpgy. ironically the penny dropped for me about who the modern greeks were in athens in 77, i bought a concise history of modern greece by a staunchy even blind phillhelene, wooodhoouse. until then i had no idea who the modern greeks really were. a passage caught my attention, where he writes, from memory," cursioulsy enough the defenderrs of greek liberty were a non greek lot.

what i thought arent they the decendents of pericles diogenes and praxiteles, giants amongst men in their chosen fields.and my heroes. i became very suspicious of my english speaking education system after that liitle book.

on maknews thanks to people like som yannis and slovak i realised that my yugo perspective was just as flawed and that the ancient macedonians were definetly not accepted as helenes in their time by the helenes. today an one can be greek, some are encouraged and enticed by the legendary hellenes while some were forced through terror in that position

so terror no va no more.

thanks som for those legendary history battles with the the psefti ellini

Comment

Working...
                          X