• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Anti-Risto:

Anti-Risto is Risto the Great in "Anti world":
    I am Macedonian, therefore I am Greek.
    I can't help it. I come from Macedonia (Northern Greece). I am Greek but I am Macedonian. When people ask me what I am I say "Macedonian".
    When a local Aussie asks me what I am, I say Macedonian. They say "but aren't you Greek?" ... I say "yes".
    Aussie: So which is it then?
    Anti-Risto: Both I say.
    Aussie: What about those other Macedonians ... you know the red/gold ones?
    Anti-Risto: They are not Macedonians. They are slavs that only recently came to the area.
    Aussie: How long ago?
    Anti-Risto: Ha ha, they only got there 1500 years ago according to my encyclopedia.
    Aussie: That is quite a long time.
    Anti-Risto: Nah, we have been there for 4000 years.
    Aussie: What evidence do you have of this?
    Anti-Risto: .... ummm, the vibe of it.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Jankovska
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    I can't help it. I come from Macedonia (Northern Greece). I am Greek but I am Macedonian. When people ask me what I am I say "Macedonian".
    When a local Aussie asks me what I am, I say Macedonian. They say "but aren't you Greek?" ... I say "yes".
    Anti-Risto: They are not Macedonians. They are slavs that only recently came to the area.
    Anti-Risto: Ha ha, they only got there 1500 years ago according to my encyclopedia.
    Haha Risto you can always make me laugh

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
      Haha Risto you can always make me laugh
      Laugh or cry. ????
      I honestly cannot see much more to that argument.
      I hope the Greeks on the forum can correct any interpretations I have made if they are misleading.
      Risto the Great

Comment

• fatso
        • Sep 2008

I would just ignore those ignorant Greeks. You are Macedonian ,I'm a Greek ......nothing more said

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by fatso View Post
          I would just ignore those ignorant Greeks. You are Macedonian ,I'm a Greek ......nothing more said
          I honestly do not see why it needs to be any more complicated than that.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

I laughed so hard so I fell of my chair, my college had to help me up.....
            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Venom
              • Sep 2008

Why does it need to be more complicated that Risto?

Oh, just a little thing known as Egej...
              S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

The mantra for the apologists ... just in case we are confusing you at the moment.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Svoliani
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2008

Im not confused at all, in fact your messiah Rossos says it perfectly.

" The Slavs settled throughout geographic Macedonia in huge numbers, largely absorbed the indigeneous local inhabitants, and more important, IMPOSED on them thier slavic speach. Until well into the twentieth century the Slavic speakers - the Slav Macedonians, or in the age of nationalism, the Macedonians - comprised the largest linguistic ethnic group."

I dont need to quote the page number do i ? Surely this book has been read by you. Rossos is a legend here in Canada for the Macedonians.
                  I enjoyed the book very much. If a link is needed let me know.

So Risto or SoM whats it gonna be, are you the Slavs that settled in Macedonia or are you the indegeneous local inhabitants who spoke another language, and please do tell what that language was while ur at it.

Aussie, Rossos explains who they are.
                  Last edited by Svoliani; 01-04-2009, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Truthfully, I have not read Rossos.
                    Further, I am not perturbed by Slavic invasions or other ... mainly because it was over 1500 years ago. I am quite sure you have a T-shirt at home emblazoned with "Hungary is Scordiscian".

Nevertheless, I like the "largest linguistic ethnic group" bit.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Me: Hey Billy, what's your background mate, Macedonian or Greek?
                      Grkoman: I'm Greek man.
                      Me: Oh ok, you know how to speak it?
                      Grkoman: Nah, never went to school for it.
                      Me: You know how to speak Macedonian?
                      Grkoman: Yeah the folks speak it at home.
                      Me: So your folks speak Macedonian at home, they don't speak Greek, yet you are a 'Greek'?
                      Grkoman: Ah, I don't know man, don't get into the politics....
                      Me: Billy, you know that our parents speak the same language man, don't you?
                      Grkoman: Yeah I know, my brother's wife is a Macedonian (from ROM) and the in-laws speak fine with my folks.
                      Me: Billy, I know a little about the history of the place, and I can tell you man that you are of the same origin as me, the only difference being, your side of Macedonia is still apart of another state while mine is free. It would be just like our kids being born in the state of Australia, moving to America at 20 years old and telling people you are an Aussie when in the USA, which is the same as you telling me that your parents are 'Greek' because of the state they were born in....
                      Grkoman: It makes sense I suppose.....
                      Me: One more thing Billy, your parents would have learned the Greek language in Greece as a part of the education system the way we learn english here, but there were no schools for the Macedonian language yet your parents still know it, how else could this happen if it wasn't your native language?

He began thinking about it and nodding his head, saying "you know, I have never looked at it that way before".

That is a conversation I had about a year ago with a Grkoman I have known for a few years and always identified as a 'Greek', but was not too open about it and certainly never had problems when he would hear me identify as a Macedonian.

I am sure I got this guy thinking a little, these days when I see him he even says 'ej sho praish' as a greeting. He is a good bloke, but confused due to the propaganda and complicity surrounding the average grkoman.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Imagine what confusion a real Greek would endure not actually knowing the ancestors' reality.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• TerraNova
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2008

It's amazing the "Grecomans" in Australia still speak the language.
                          In Greece the ancestors of the Patriarchate Slavic-Speakers (before 100 years) ,have mixed origin and speak only Greek.

The Macedonian struggle survives only in Australia ...

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

That's untrue.

Whilst in Nevoleni, Lerinsko I was in the company of a Grkoman (he was visiting the people who I was staying with), and 5 other people from the village (Macedonians), who were debating (more like arguing) with the man grkoman (who seemed to understand that Macedonians are not Greeks, but his argument was that 'we should all just be Greeks now').

The whole argument/debate/debacle was in the Macedonian language (and when that point about what language they're all speaking came up, well that was the camel that broke the grkoman's back and it shut him up for a while as he sat down playing with his worry beads).

Comment

• TerraNova
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                              That's untrue.

Whilst in Nevoleni, Lerinsko I was in the company of a Grkoman (he was visiting the people who I was staying with), and 5 other people from the village (Macedonians), who were debating (more like arguing) with the man grkoman (who seemed to understand that Macedonians are not Greeks, but his argument was that 'we should all just be Greeks now').

The whole argument/debate/debacle was in the Macedonian language (and when that point about what language they're all speaking came up, well that was the camel that broke the grkoman's back and it shut him up for a while as he sat down playing with his worry beads).
                              Ok..except Australia in a few villages in Florina maybe.
                              The vast majority of the population in almost all of Greek Macedonia doesn't know this term ("Grecomanos") (which is derogatory of course) and never heard any Macedonian language.
                              (Lerin and Kostur dialects differ from standardized Macedonian)

Comment

Working...
                              X