X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Not my question!

Many Greeks have attempted to undermine the Macedonian identity.
    This website amongst many others has highlighted and made it abundantly clear that the Macedonian identity has existed and continued for a very long time. The motivation for researching one's own identity is not uncommon. Many races of people do this in order to develop a more profound understanding of their identity.

What motivates Greeks to deny the Macedonian identity is beyond the comprehension of most impartial readers. An impartial reader would comprehend utterances from Greeks as being relatively reasonable and having merit and providing justification for confusion in relation to Macedonian issues. There should be no mistake about the motivations of Greeks. Their denial of the Macedonian identity says more about their feelings about the Greek identity and what it means to them personally. In order for the Greek identity to thrive, the Macedonian identity needs to be negated in the mind of the ultra-nationalist Greek. It would appear that these are not mutually exclusive matters, that the Macedonian issue somehow effects the Greek identity. How is this possible? Only a thorough analysis of antique history reveals any potential for discussion of compromised identities. it is naturally quite easy to introduce doubt into discussions when we are talking about 2000 year old issues. The Hellenistic period of Alexander is used as their best argument of the Greekness of Macedonians. It is a tenuous argument. Yet, they will not discuss the notion of the Albanianness of the Greeks even though much more recent history confirms the significance of the Albanians in the modern Greek identity. The issue is heavily compromised and the Greeks appear to be given the benefit of the doubt in all Western institutions. I have no idea why.

I thought it was fitting to recently hear the Hungarian Minister advise the Macedonians that it is their sole right to define themselves. We are talking about Hungarians being a race that have inhabited their lands for over 1000 years and admit their migration from the Urals. In a Greek's mind, the Hungarians would merely be guests in their new land.

The Macedonians are a logical progression of a historical/biblical race who have endured Hellenic, Roman, Slavic and Turkic oppression and/or influence. Yet we still exist and still represent such an exciting chapter in European history and modern demographics that is yet to be fully understood and appreciated.

I hope this forum helps the impartial reader understand that there is more than just a reasonable argument for the Macedonian perspective. That the reader takes the time to think why anyone would seek to negate the identity of another person. The motivations of denial need to be understood and explored in the context of the present political machinations and relatively recent historical events. There was not always a Macedonian Question, there is now and we need to understand why nobody has come to the Macedonians looking for an answer. We are here to give it.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Brilliant rendition of the truth Risto.

The issue is heavily compromised and the Greeks appear to be given the benefit of the doubt in all Western institutions. I have no idea why.
    I think this is due to the modern 'Hellenic' identity largely resulting as the brainchild of Philhellenes and Romantics of the 19th century western world.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• El Bre
      • Sep 2008

This should be on the front page

Comment

• MapleLeaf1
        • Sep 2008

Yet, they will not discuss the notion of the Albanianness of the Greeks even though much more recent history confirms the significance of the Albanians in the modern Greek identity.
        Brilliantly said Risto, bravo

Comment

• Daskalot
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
          This should be on the front page

Risto, I hope you do not mind, but this is posted on our front page now.
          Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Sarafot
            • Dec 2008

Bravo Risto,i belive that this is valid for Bulgars to?
            Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
            - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
              Bravo Risto,i belive that this is valid for Bulgars to?
              It is valid for all of our detractors and Bulgarians can fit into this mould easily. But the Bulgarians have different motivations to deny our identity.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                Risto, I hope you do not mind, but this is posted on our front page now.
                Thanks Daskale.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Sarafot
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  It is valid for all of our detractors and Bulgarians can fit into this mould easily. But the Bulgarians have different motivations to deny our identity.
                  You mean,the whole their identety it is based on Macedonia??
                  Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                  - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    I think this is due to the modern 'Hellenic' identity largely resulting as the brainchild of Philhellenes and Romantics of the 19th century western world.
                    I agree. But wonder why the notion still has legs. Do you think Western civilisation needs to be able to somehow point to the Ancient Hellenes as the founding fathers of modern (Western) thought, and as a consequence glorify them in the context of affirming themselves? God forbid we look at Asians and Arabs .... and worst of all ... Slavs as contributors to modern thought.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
                      You mean,the whole their identety it is based on Macedonia??
                      It would very much seem that way. Macedonia does not need the history of 'Greece' or 'Bulgaria' to maintain itself in the historical area, but without their criminal grab and hold on Macedonia the history of 'Greece' and 'Bulgaria' cuts a simple figure a post-Ottoman Christian state owing its creation to Western and Russian guns respectively.
                      Originally posted by Risto the Great
                      I agree. But wonder why the notion still has legs. Do you think Western civilisation needs to be able to somehow point to the Ancient Hellenes as the founding fathers of modern (Western) thought, and as a consequence glorify them in the context of affirming themselves?
                      The truth in one word to what you said Risto, yes. Despite their intellectual capacity I would not doubt that some of these Oxford scholars probably 'summon the spirits' of Aristotle and believe they are his descendants due to their educational background. Try reading what the first 'Philhellenes' thought about 'Greece' and the so-called Greeks in the 1820's, some even took their own lives due to the disgusting scenes they had witnessed. And reference is made to the Greeks comitting the savagery, what was it with these people that made them behave like murdering robots on the eve of their freedom? Revenge? Against whom, the Greek-speaking ruling classes never had it better over their poor Christian counterparts? Priests? They murdered with all the zeal usually exhibited by recent converts, as recent as the 1767 usurpation of the native churches of Macedonia and the rest of European Turkey? These people may very well be the first Grkomani of the modern era, one wonders what would have been the case had not the Macedonians lost the right to control their own Archbishopric of Ohrid in 1767? Would Greeks in exist in such numbers, in such a state, or at all?
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        one wonders what would have been the case had not the Macedonians lost the right to control their own Archbishopric of Ohrid in 1767? Would Greeks in exist in such numbers, in such a state, or at all?
                        The Phanariotes performed a master stroke that strengthened the influence of Istanbul at this time. By colluding with the church, they secured their riches and many went on to forge the new Romanian nation.

Just like Yuogslavia belittled Greece 30 years ago, it is not unrealistic to think the sphere of influence from Ohrid may well have been too great before the loss of control in 1767.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                        X