• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Underbelly The Golden Mile Kicks Off Tonight

8:30 pm Eastern Time (Australia) on Channel 9

Lets hope this one is better then the last two.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.
  • osiris
    • Sep 2008

has anybody seen the article on john kizon in todays sun

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
      has anybody seen the article on john kizon in todays sun
      What does it say 'O'...?

Comment

• osiris
        • Sep 2008

i havent read it all but he claims he and daicos the 2 macedonian boys were buddies at school and he protected daics on the footy field.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Forget that Prolet...

Watch the replay of 'Sons of Anarchy' tonight on Fox...new episodes Thursday night, replays on Sunday...

The White Supremicists are taking on the boys from Sam Crow....

Great series...awesome soundtrack...

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Yeah i read it, apparently he went to high school and primary school with Peter Daicos. He is also a mad boxing fan and was a pretty good boxer in his day.
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

i havent read it all but he claims he and daicos the 2 macedonian boys were buddies at school and he protected daics on the footy field.
              Does he mention his relationship with Cousins and Gardner...?

Comment

• osiris
                • Sep 2008

UNDERWORLD figure John Kizon coulda been a contender.

In 1980 the future was bright for the hungry young pugilist.

His success in the sweet science had seen him represent Australia in a boxing championship in Bangkok.

"I was 18 years old. I was an Australian boxing champion and going to the Commonwealth Games," he recalls.

Then everything changed and Kizon's life was put on a different course.

"Because I was a big name here, because of the boxing, a lot of people like you around," Kizon recalls.

"What happened was I should have known better, but you're responsible for your own actions."

What happened was the incident that earned Kizon two years' jail and the permanent description: "heroin trafficker".

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
                Related Coverage

* My footy mate Ben Herald Sun, 14 hours ago
                * Cousins good as gold, says Kizon Perth Now, 15 hours ago
                * Insider trading charges dismissed Perth Now, 26 Mar 2010
                * Kizon cleared of all charges The Australian, 22 Mar 2010
                * Kizon cleared of insider trading Perth Now, 22 Mar 2010

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Kizon says he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and that he went down for refusing to rat.

The Melbourne boy turned Perth identity says he was driving an "older knockabout" around and was caught by police, ultimately with a stash of dodgy cash in his car.

"The police said (before it was found), 'Where's the money gone?' and I said, 'Piss off'. I was brought up not to tell on a bloke," he said.

"I went down as an accessory with him and they had this thing as a drug trafficker always on me.

"I stayed staunch all the way through at 18 and done two years for it. I've had this reputation since. The coppers know I don't do drugs."

On release, Kizon says, he broke the jaws of two racing figures who were standing over his father and was promptly returned to jail.

In the ensuing years the streetfighting man emerged as the kerbside king of Subiaco and one of the wild West's most colourful characters.

There have been other controversies. Kizon has been linked to drugs, clubs, thugs, football bad boys and general mayhem. While his street persona is fearsome, whippet-lean Kizon's diet and lifestyle is monkish - no red meat, no dairy, boxing three times a week and, he says, not one puff of a cigarette or joint in 48 years.

He proudly says, "I don't shoot animals" when asked about a notorious 1980s photo of him and two mates carrying guns - Kizon with a .357 Magnum, and his mate with a .44 Magnum and machinegun.

"We were target shooting at a farm. It wasn't running around the streets like a lunatic," Kizon says to explain the small arsenal. Kizon was the last person to speak on the phone to Alphonse Gangitano the night he was shot dead in his Templestowe home.

"I was sitting having dinner and spoke to Alphonse and Graham (Kinniburgh) and unfortunately the incident happened about an hour later," he says.

Kizon was pall bearer at the funeral and a coronial inquest heard the two men shared a mistress.

Not many of those who Kizon lists as his Victorian mates - "Graham, Alphonse, Mario (Condello)" - survived the gangland war.

"I miss most of those friends - even Jason (Moran). I thought Jason was a nice guy," he says.

But at the moment Kizon - recently victorious in a famous legal win - has the wind in his sails.

He is feeling so plucky he is vowing revenge against the "alphabetised robotic government thugs" who have pursued him.

Eight years ago, the nation's most powerful crime-fighting body charged him and his share-investing partner with a string of insider trading charges.

But the information the men were given was wrong and a fortnight ago a WA court acquitted him of insider trading charges.

The judge threw the results of the almost decade-long Australian Crime Commission probe out of court.

"They had two QCs down from Melbourne and I lost $52,000," Kizon says.

"What would they have done if I made any money on insider trading?

"I'm preparing to chase the police officers through the court ... I believe in an eye for an eye. I'll roll the dice, spend a bit of money, make their life miserable."

Kizon, born and raised in Fitzroy, was "brought up hard by the old man", he says.

He went through primary and secondary school with fellow Macedonian lad and Collingwood great Peter Daicos.

"I used to look after him at school. I used to pick him on my team 'cos I used to play hard and go for the man and he used to dodge the man," Kizon says.

Today Kizon, perennially dressed in black with designer sunglasses, can be seen ringside at big fights with fellow colourful characters from around the nation, such as former NSW detective Roger Rogerson and Mick Gatto.

Rogerson, who met Kizon through Sydney identity Tom Domican, says of Kizon: "I find he's a nice bloke. He's super clean and well dressed."

Kizon says he has left nightclubs behind, runs a gym and spends most of his time in Indonesia doing mediation for mining companies or with his "23-year-old glamour" girlfriend.

He once dated Rose Porteous's daughter, Johanna Lacson, but even the underworld tough guy was ultimately too frightened by the prospect of Rose as mother-in-law.

He bemoaned once loaning Johanna his Mercedes 500 soft-top convertible, only to have her and Rose return it with a Great Dane inside shedding fur by the handful.

Kizon also tells of the time he was seated near Bill Clinton on a flight from Sydney.

"For five hours he sat there sucking on an unlit cigar while I talked to his security guards about boxing, with Bill making comments about Roy Jones," he says.

"As we got up to walk off he said, 'Listen do you want a photograph together out here?' I said 'Mate you really don't want to do that'."

Whether or not the ACC comes back for round two against Kizon the crim who says his criminal past is behind him is likely to remain defiant.

"I've got a colourful past. I don't sit around mothers' club meetings all day. I talk to priests, I talk to sportsmen, I get on with bikies," Kizon says.

"Okay I'm a bit colourful and sometimes I won't take a backwards step because I'm not a sheep.

"But I chose that life and I'll live with it."

[email protected]

here is the article

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

Thanks for the Tip Phoenix, i do believe that you've mentioned this before. The only reason why i like Underbelly is because we've heard about the people and their past we also know the cities well enough to relate to where it all happened other then that its a load of bullshit, they made an absolute dope out of Carl Williams in the series.

Here is the article that Osiris is talking about i found it in the herald sun.

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

He went through primary and secondary school with fellow Macedonian lad and Collingwood great Peter Daicos.
                    What does he mean by fellow Macedonian?? I dont think Kizon is Macedonian

Comment

• osiris
                      • Sep 2008

on ben cousins

UNDERWORLD kingpin John Kizon has defended mate Ben Cousins against claims the recovering drug addict suffered a relapse.

Describing the partyboy footballer as "a guy with a big heart", the Melbourne-born WA crime identity talked of their close friendship and how he had tried to help Cousins.

"I spoke to a good mate of his about 10 minutes ago. He's good as gold," Kizon, pictured left, said. "He's a bit flat mentally that he keeps getting injured. He's been down in the dumps because of his injuries."

Player manager Ricky Olarenshaw claimed during the week Cousins "may have lost his way again ... there have been lots of sightings of him out and about with his behaviour a little bit erratic."

Cousins' management has denied the claim and Olarenshaw has apologised.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
                      Related Coverage

* John Kizon: Mate, I get on with everyone

* Mate, I get on with everyone Herald Sun, 14 hours ago
                      * Cousins good as gold, says Kizon Perth Now, 15 hours ago
                      * Cousins to end rumours by playing Herald Sun, 3 days ago
                      * Tigers lash out at Cousins relapse claim Perth Now, 4 days ago
                      * Kizon cleared of all charges The Australian, 22 Mar 2010

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

But Kizon, who features in Cousins's coming documentary, said he was pleased his mate no longer suffered his old drug problems.

"All we ever did is try to help him. All we've ever said is, 'Mate, listen, you're going down the wrong track, pull your head in or you'll get a kick in the guts'," Kizon said.

"But he's over 16. He's responsible for his own actions. How many times can you talk to a guy?

"I still speak to Ben occasionally."

In a candid interview, the underworld figure also revealed his links to former Collingwood star Peter Daicos, Rose Porteous and former US president Bill Clinton.

Kizon has also vowed "an eye for an eye" against the failed Melbourne-launched Operation Barrator run by the Australian Crime Commission, which investigated him for insider trading.

Comment

• osiris
                        • Sep 2008

prolet what the fuck are you saying he is from neret isnt that in macedonia.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

here is the article
                          Thanks 'O'...

Apparently they're all crazy from that selo...

Great article...

Comment

• osiris
                            • Sep 2008

they are mate our good buddy is another example of neretsko craziness.
                            Last edited by osiris; 04-11-2010, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Osiris, Are you serious?? I didnt know that honestly

Ofcourse Neret is in Egejska Makedonija.

Daikos is from Banica, do you know why Kizon left Melbourne and went to Perth?

Comment

Working...
                              X