Suprising items manufactured in Macedonia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Suprising items manufactured in Macedonia.

Well I was in Sydney on the weekend for a bit of business.
    I needed a shirt and purchased one of my favourites ... a Hugo Boss.
    I opened it and to my pleasant surprise, it was made in Macedonia.

Any other items that we do not necessarily associate with Macedonia??? Please post them here.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

My mountain bike cycling shoes are a brand called "Northwave" ... great shoes that have lasted for years (more than I have on some mountains) ... made in Macedonia.
    Risto the Great

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

I found Stobi Flips(to my surprise ) at my supermarket, made in Macedonia.
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

I found some Turkish coffee cups - made in Macedonia.

And the other thing I found to my great surprise - hidden at the back of a Deli was a big jar of "Turshija" (pickled stuff) - with "made in Macedonia" written on it.

Comment

• Dejan
          • Sep 2008

You gotta love Stobi Flips!

haven't seen the Macedonian kashkaval around for a while though...
          You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
            You gotta love Stobi Flips!

haven't seen the Macedonian kashkaval around for a while though...
            I havn't seen any kashkaval either - and for that matter I don't see any "bukovsko piper" around anymore, which I'm assuming is from a place called Bukovo in Macedonia.

Comment

• Prespa
              • Sep 2008

Every now and again I'll find a suit in Burlington Coat Factory that's made in Macedonia. I have a fun time trying to find some.

Comment

• ZAS
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                My mountain bike cycling shoes are a brand called "Northwave" ... great shoes that have lasted for years (more than I have on some mountains) ... made in Macedonia.
                The entire VELES clothes manufacturing industry is now in Italian hands, everthing from Gorgio Armani to Hugo Boss in made their, it is the China of Europe, but the get the better quality and it is cheaper as it is in Europe, and the good news is the Italians are now moving into the Bitola Garnment Industry.
                Nick Scali furniture is made in the Huge Crn Bor furniture factory in Prilep, and exported to the world through the Montenegrian Port.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Interesting stuff ZAS.
                  I had the opportunity to meet with Gligor Tashkovic when he was promoting investment in Macedonia in his capacity as Minister for investment. I wish Macedonia maintained this momentum because the prospects of opportunity in Macedonia seemed very real. It seems to have gone quiet as of late.

I note in today's news that an Australian company has purchased a majority interest in a Macedonian mine.

I am sure Macedonia is on the radar in Europe as a place to manufacture "European" clothing ... but hope Macedonia can export other products and services in the future.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• ZAS
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    Interesting stuff ZAS.
                    I had the opportunity to meet with Gligor Tashkovic when he was promoting investment in Macedonia in his capacity as Minister for investment. I wish Macedonia maintained this momentum because the prospects of opportunity in Macedonia seemed very real. It seems to have gone quiet as of late.

I note in today's news that an Australian company has purchased a majority interest in a Macedonian mine.

I am sure Macedonia is on the radar in Europe as a place to manufacture "European" clothing ... but hope Macedonia can export other products and services in the future.
                    As long as the inflation rate dont rise and wages are stable we will be the china of Europe very very soon.
                    With the Global financial meltdown and companies wanting to save enormous costs we will see more and more heading into Mac.

Comment

• Bratot
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Z Apostolovski's Student View Post
                      The entire VELES clothes manufacturing industry is now in Italian hands, everthing from Gorgio Armani to Hugo Boss in made their, it is the China of Europe, but the get the better quality and it is cheaper as it is in Europe, and the good news is the Italians are now moving into the Bitola Garnment Industry.
                      Nick Scali furniture is made in the Huge Crn Bor furniture factory in Prilep, and exported to the world through the Montenegrian Port.
                      I can add Shtip and Strumica among these clothing manufacturers.

If you have the opportunity to go to these places, visit the manufactoring spots, where you can buy all those "Italian" clothing stuff for the lowest price you could ever imagine.
                      The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Rogi
                        • Sep 2008

Including the official apparel of some Formula 1 teams.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                          • Jan 2009

Coca Cola: Macedonia makes the best Coke

The best Coca Cola in the world is made in Macedonia's capital.

The Skopje Brewery received today the award "Best Bottling Company", out of a total of 178 companies across the world, from the representatives of Coca Cola Company.

In addition to this award, Skopje Brewery's was also recognized by the Coca Cola Hellenic Group for its exceptional quality of products.

"The quality of our products is the top priority of the Coca Cola Company, and our colleagues from Skopje Brewery achieved the highest results in this area. This stands as a proof of their extraordinary professionalism and dedication," said Tim Brett, the Business Unit President at Coca-Cola, congratulating the 85th anniversary of the Skopje Brewery.

"This marks the first time for Coca-Cola Hellenic to award a high recognition for quality of products to some of the companies that are part of our group," said Gary Brewster, the quality, audit and compliance director for Coca-Cola Hellenic, a company which is currently present in 28 countries.
                          The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                            • Jan 2009

Made in Macedonia
                            YouTube - Made in Macedonia

Milcho Manchevski for the campaign Made in Macedonia - Za Nase Dobro - Kupuvajte Makedonski Proizvodi 1999
                            The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Rogi
                              • Sep 2008

That video and campaign was the initiative of Nikola Gruevski, as Finance Minister at the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X