• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

MPO in Canada supports Spaska Mitrova

Macedonian patriotic organization in Canada supports Spaska Mitrova

22 February 2010 | 19:33 | FOCUS News Agency

Toronto. The Macedonian patriotic organization ‘Switzerland in the Balkans’ based in Toronto, Canada, has released a new open letter, calling for the immediate return of Spaska Mitrova’s daughter, who was forcedly taken away from her mother.
    The letter reads:
    “We are satisfied with the fact that Ms. Mitrova is no longer in the prison, but we are deeply concerned that her three-year-old daughter was taken away and denied any contacts with her mother in the past seven months (although the mother holds the legal custody before her entering the prison and her competence was confirmed by Macedonian psychiatrists). It is a barbarian and absurd practice these days to take away a small child from the mother without any reasonable argument, as well as to reject a mother’s rights to custody and visits.”
    We doubt the reason for the Macedonian authorities’ psychological torment is Ms. Mitrova’s politically dangerous step to announce publicly she is an ethnic Bulgarian from the Republic of Macedonia. In the 21 century everyone is free to declare their ethnic identity without the state’s interference. Consequently, we ask you to call on the Macedonian authorities to let Spaska Mitrova have the custody of her child as soon as possible. She has to be guaranteed at least the right to visits until the court makes its final decision, the Macedonian patriotic organization says in the letter.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

This supposed "Macedonian Patriotic Organization" is nothing more than a propaganda tool for Bulgaria. Here's another article this time on what the husband stated and the truth of the matter;

Spaska Mitrova was not Bulgarian when I married her, ex-husband says

Thu, Oct 15 2009 12:48 CET byPetar Kostadinov

There were a lot of lies in the words of Spaska Mitrova, whose imprisonment caused a diplomatic row between Sofia and Skopje, Mitrova's former husband Voislav Savic told Bulgarian private channel bTV on October 15 2009.

The imprisonment of Mitrova, a Macedonian citizen with Bulgarian passport, caused a diplomatic row between Sofia and Skopje. She was sentenced to three months in prison because she had refused to allow her former husband to see their child.

At the time, Bulgarian officials, including the Minister for Bulgarians abroad, Bozhidar Dimitrov, accused Macedonian authorities of excessive use of force against her because she had applied for a Bulgarian passport.

Mitrova was sentenced in July 2008, but imprisonment was delayed while she appealed the sentence. She failed to turn up at the prison to see out her sentence and was arrested on July 30. In the meantime, she had applied for Bulgarian citizenship.

She was released from prison on October 8 2009 and was given warm welcome by Bulgarian institutions and state officials, with Prime Minister Boiko Borissov saying he could not understand a judicial system which had decided to send a mother with a newborn baby to jail.

"There are a lot of lies going around. Take the lie about me being a drug addict, an alcoholic or a bully. Take that one about Spaska being sentenced only because she is a Bulgarian," Savic told bTV in his first interview with Bulgarian media on the issue.

"Spaska Mitrova is Bulgarian as much as I am black," he said. "She wasn't Bulgarian when I married her, nor when she was at school. She wasn't Bulgarian when the court case was launched and she wasn't Bulgarian when she had to go to jail," he said.

"The problem is not where you come from or who you are but what kind of parent are you. It's not a question where you come from, this is what I want to point out. I have nothing against Bulgaria and anyone else. And what Bulgaria has against me, I don't know," Savic said.

One of the first things Mitrova said after being released from prison and taken to Bulgaria was that she wanted to get her daughter back as she did not known where she was.

"Spaska knew where her daughter was when she got out of the prison. She knew it when she was in and she knows it now. The child is not hidden somewhere. The child is not a toy to be hidden," Savic, who currently lives with his daughter Susana in the town of Gevgelija, said.

According to Savic, Mitrova has not made any attempt in asking to see her child after getting out of prison.

He said that Mitrova had two previous suspended sentenced for not letting him see his child. "Every month I paid child support and she wouldn't let me see my daughter. If I did not pay the support I would have ended in jail. When I took my daughter from the police on July 30, she had one diaper and a blouse on. When I asked her what she wanted to eat she said: bread and ketchup. Now she can count and sing children songs," Savic said.

"I loved Spaska. If I didn't, I wouldn't have married her. We've known each other for ages. We were friends for seven years before getting married," he said.

The peculiar thing is that their married life as a couple lasted for seven hours, although Spaska was pregnant in the day of the wedding.

"We were married for as long as the wedding lasted which was six-seven hours. She left my house on the same day we got married and to this day I still don't known why. After the wedding, her parents came by, she changed from her wedding dress and just left without saying goodbye".

Savic is hoping to get full custody over their daughter in a new case which has started in the town of Gevgelija, bTV said.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Thanks MPO.
      Perhaps you can work together with UMD to get things sorted in relation to this matter.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

MPO you are calling for the human rights of someone who declared themselves a Bulgarian. Yet what about going to Bulgaria and declaring that they give the Macedonians there the same human rights?

What a bullshit organization this is.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

I would really like to hear what Meto and Alex from the UMD have to say with regard to this recent development concerning the MPO? They have had contact with the group as of late and should be in a position to fill us in as to what exactly is going on here.

Who makes these statements on the MPO's behalf? Is Alusheva aware of everything that is written in their name, does she endorse it, does she write it herself? Why did she bother flaunting a Macedonian flag in those photo's if that is the case?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

SOM, UMD offered an Olive Branch to MPO, they tried to negotiate and when MPO wouldnt budge they cut ties with them. Im not sure why UMD are brought into this, we could try the same with the Pan Macedonian Network but it wont get us too far.

What a Scum organization the MPO is, interfering with Macedonian affairs. Since when was it a crime for a father to take custody of his daughter? Za Sramota!!
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Prolet, as far as I am aware, UMD is still in a coalition with MPO regarding census matters.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

Risto, Meto clearly stated that they cut ties, he reported that the majority of their followers were Macedonian, however the MPO Group at the top were the ones who openly declare themselves as the "Bulgarian Macedonians". They might be negotiating with the Macedonians within the MPO in order to get them to declare themselves as Macedonians in the Census however there wont be a coalition with the MPO, how could there be if they openly declare themselves as Bulgarians?? I never liked them myself however keep in mind that they control alot of our churches and community centers in North America so we cant completely cut ties otherwise we loose hundreds of millions of Dollars worth of land.
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet
                  Im not sure why UMD are brought into this......
                  Of course you're not sure, you haven't bothered to follow any of the discussions in proper detail.

Originally posted by amitreski
                  UMD called for coalition on the US Census. They responded, along with other organizations in US to be part of that census. Sure, if they help have more Macedonian counted, why not. However, it has come to our attention that they have asked the readers of their publication to call themselves Mace-Bulgarians or something to that effect. We are waiting to read the publication and verify so that we will throw MPO out of the coalition.
                  The UMD spoke of their collaboration with the MPO. You, Prolet, don't need to involve yourself in this discussion if your intention is to speak on behalf of the UMD. They're big boys, let them handle the issue themselves. I want to know how on earth they could not foresee the actions of the turncoats in the MPO leadership, and I want to know if they have been in touch with Alusheva regarding the Mitreva case.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

SOM, Its not that simple mate, MPO are a 90 year + organization probably the oldest going around. They control alot of Churches and Community halls and probably other property too so we run the risk of loosing it. Im stating that Meto openly said that UMD has nothing to do with MPO, im sure that means something coming from the Horses Mouth, Im just telling you what Meto said officially when he was asked a question about MPO but i will ask AMitreski for further information because i dont know the specifics.

Im with you on this one SOM, i was very concerned when i learned that UMD tried to get in touch with MPO and i knew it was never going to work, so from their point of view they tried, it didnt work out and they moved on.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

You're right Prolet, it isn't as simple as that. Apparently the MPO were given a leading role in this census initiative, god only knows how much resources and information were made available to them.

Comment

Working...
                      X