• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Erwan Fouere: Macedonian society should be acquainted to Albanian language

4 February 2010 | 14:39 | FOCUS News Agency
    Skopje. Macedonian society should be acquainted to the Albanian language, said head of the EU delegation to Macedonia, Erwan Fouere, FOCUS News Agency correspondent reports.
    The recommendation of High Commissioner on National Minorities with the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, Knut Vollebæk, is very sensitive. It gives an opportunity for the Albanian community to be better acquainted to the Macedonian language but this should be accompanied by efforts for strengthening Macedonians’ knowledge in Albanian language, Fouere said, as cited by the Macedonian media.
    In end-January, a problem aroused around the introduction of classes in Macedonian language for Albanian first-grade schoolchildren, which led to a boycott against these classes. The problem incited an intensive correspondence between the Macedonian government and powerful international organizations like the EU, OSCE, and NATO and led to new disputes within the Macedonian government itself.
    On January 27, Macedonian Minister of Education, Nikola Todorov, declared that he does not give up on the decision to introduced classes in Macedonian language for first-grade schoolchildren from the ethic communities.
    “I will not give up on the decision and I plan to persuade those who will have to apply it that it is to the interest of everyone who lives in the Republic of Macedonia and of the entire integration of the Macedonian society in line with the modern democratic experience and traditions”, Todorov remarked, as cited by the Macedonian media.
    The boycott against the classes in Macedonian continues.
    Quite frankly, I am disgusted. Absolutely disgusted.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

He should fuck off back to Ireland where he belongs, i cant believe the Ohrigjani made him an Honorary Citizen. They should be showing him the door, its more then clear that he is in Macedonia to stir up tensions.

Risto, Do you know that he is Macedonian Orthodox? He had to get baptized because he was the best man for a Macedonian Wedding.
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• makgerman
      • Nov 2009

Why doesn't he insist on the Albanians learning the Macedonian language first and then comment on whether we should be acquainted to the Albanian?

Is he aware that the majority of Albanians - be it young, old, students, can barely speak Macedonian? What has he done about it? Has he at least publicly stated it would be "in their best interest' to do so. Instead he is telling us the majority to learn the Albanian and how our schooling system should and should not be run.

Go back to Ireland and have the same courage to insist on making it compulsory on everyone in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland to speak Irish/Gaelic. Then again you know where they'll you where to go!

We don't need you Fouere. You are a lost cause.

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

I think there is a time for patients and diplomacy and a time to stand on your own two feet. Macedonia should tell the world we are not a science project on sociology and point out the laws in there own countries and seek an explanation why if its good for the goose is it not good for the gander. Not so long ago I heard the Turkish minorities which are not so minority in many western countries wanted Turkish to become a second official language and to be taught in school with equal value to their own language. Funny how this idea was put down quickly in their own countries but somehow a good idea to try it out in Macedonia. Further it should be pointed out to them which of their countries has a state university in Turkish and continue the list with other human rights issues either in their own countries or in Greece who is in the eu and is obliged to follow their standards. It should be put to them when they can answer these questions which their own laws support then they have a right to speak to Macedonia on minority rights and lets see each of these western countries build a Turkish language only university that is state funded.

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

Well, it's high time the Turks in Germany began demanding that all Germans become 'acquainted' with the Turkish language.

It needs to be thrown back at them.

Comment

• fyrOM
            Banned
            • Feb 2010

this is just one example http://www.naldic.org.uk/docs/member...ts/NQ6.1.4.pdf
            note the first paragraph.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

This is how they are creating more of a division between the people in Macedonia. Divide and Conquer. Macedonians being the majority are asked to learn Albanian and these EU whores are sticking their big noses in Macedonia's internal business. This is evident in the fact that by creating this divide the Albanians will want a name change because the EU whores have planted that seed in their head that once the name is negotiated then Macedonia will be in NATO and the EU. Obviously Macedonians do not want to compromise their name and identity. Divide and Conquer tactics are as old as prostitution being the oldest profession. It takes your mind off of the real issue at hand.
              Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• fyrOM
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

maybe these european countries can explain their position on albanian in macedonia and how to their own position at home.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                  • Jan 2009

http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?id=n209111 Macedonian citizens do not understand govts name policy: poll 4 February 2010 | 22:56 | FOCUS News Agency Skopje. Macedonian citizens do not understand the governments name dispute policy, reads the latest opinion poll by Transparency Zero Corruption, Macedonian

This is how the dividing and conquering is working out in Macedonia.
                  Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• fyrOM
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2010

and how is this different to greeces action on their minorities. the eu needs reminding their own backyard is not clean before they can point the finger at others.
                    The most underreported story of the month must surely be the announcement by French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner that he no longer supports the...

Comment

• I of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

I do not want to contribute to the aggravation of ethnical relations: education minister

Skopje. The only thing I do not want to reach as a minister is to contribute to the aggravation of ethnical relations in Macedonia, said Macedonian education minister Nikola Todorov in an interview to Radio Free Europe, quoted by Macedonian Sitel television.

“The language barrier is one of the main barriers in communication and I think this is a way for better and easier integration into society,” minister said commenting on the decision Albanian pupils to start learning Macedonian since first grade.

According to Todorov, there is no tension in the relations with Democratic Union for Integration (DUI) despite, sometimes, they have different opinions on the implementation of the decisions. According to him it is good there is a dialogue on overcoming problems.

A dialogue, organization of expert forums, help of the advisers with the Development of Education Service, special training of the teachers will help the decision to be implemented, education minister said.

No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun

Comment

Working...
                      X