X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osiris
    • Sep 2008

so is it 2008 or are we still in 300 bc

i am not sure because everytime i buy a newspaper it says its 2008 but when i read neo greeks posting on macedonian forums i feel like its 300 bc. somebody help me here why is it so important to keep dredging up the ancient past. is it because the immeadiate past does not suit the modern greeks , so they have to go back to a time we may never be able to truly know.
  • Pelister
    • Sep 2008

The ancient past is going to solve alot of problems.

Up until now, the Greek State has based its invasion and occupation of Macedonia - basically, its legitimacy for invading ...etc, on certain assumptions, one of those assumptions has to do with the identity of the ancient Macedonians.

If, acheologists, can convincingly show the ancient Macedonians were not Greeks, then the Greeks had no "historical" pretext for invading. It exposes them as either, a) liers, and/or b), nothing more than a shameful land grab, and they knew the Macedonians were never Greeks all along.

Now, if evidence emerged that not only showed convincingly the ancient Macedonians were not Greeks, but they were at once "Slavic" speakers - that would automatically provide the Macedonians with a historical right, "in ancient terms" to getting their land back.

In my opinion it doesn't need to come to that, but that is what it is going to take, to deal a knock out punch to the modern Greek propoganda machine.

Comment

• Traveller
      Banned
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
      The ancient past is going to solve alot of problems.

Up until now, the Greek State has based its invasion and occupation of Macedonia - basically, its legitimacy for invading ...etc, on certain assumptions, one of those assumptions has to do with the identity of the ancient Macedonians.

If, acheologists, can convincingly show the ancient Macedonians were not Greeks, then the Greeks had no "historical" pretext for invading. It exposes them as either, a) liers, and/or b), nothing more than a shameful land grab, and they knew the Macedonians were never Greeks all along.

Now, if evidence emerged that not only showed convincingly the ancient Macedonians were not Greeks, but they were at once "Slavic" speakers - that would automatically provide the Macedonians with a historical right, "in ancient terms" to getting their land back.

In my opinion it doesn't need to come to that, but that is what it is going to take, to deal a knock out punch to the modern Greek propoganda machine.
      If not? We are waiting for 4000 years for these proofs...

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Traveller View Post
        If not? We are waiting for 4000 years for these proofs...
        Do you have 4000 years of proof otherwise?
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• osiris
          • Sep 2008

why dont you do a dna test traveller and lets see how hellenic you are. you are one of the great hellenicwarriors on this forum, do ou have the balls to find out how hellenic ou really are, or is it easy to waffle on meaninglessly.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

But Osiris ... don't you know that Hellenism is a "feeling"?
            Risto the Great

Comment

• El Bre
              • Sep 2008

I will personally pay for Traveller's DNA test

Hell, I take one too
              Last edited by El Bre; 10-06-2008, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Traveller
                Banned
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                I will personally pay for Traveller's DNA test

Hell, I take one too
                You might be more greekier than me...

Comment

• Traveller
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  But Osiris ... don't you know that Hellenism is a "feeling"?
                  You are near the truth...As Ziscar D'Esten (then president of France -1980) put it during the ceremony of Greece's admittance in EU "Greece is the soul of humanity".

Comment

• Traveller
                    Banned
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                    why dont you do a dna test traveller and lets see how hellenic you are. you are one of the great hellenicwarriors on this forum, do ou have the balls to find out how hellenic ou really are, or is it easy to waffle on meaninglessly.
                    As Isokratis said "Greek is whoever has greek education". I dont like the idea of genetic tests. Too "Mengelish" for me. I am 1/4 Sarakatsanos, 2/4 eastern Thrace and 1/4 Thessalonician.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

As Isokratis said "Greek is whoever has greek education".
                      See, that is the kind of rubbish that Macedonians appear to have to accept in exchange for real arguments. How can we compete with "wishes". ?
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• osiris
                        • Sep 2008

sorry traveller i dont accept your weak excuses, isocrates was only one opinion and there were many others that defined greek by blood. either put up or shut up about how greek you are and how only self identifying greeks like you are the soul of humanity.

you wont do it because it may shake your delusional faith to its core. hell you may even be on of the slavs you detide at every opportunity.

Comment

• Coolski
                          • Sep 2008

lol... , Greek is education, Greek is aryan, Greek is mathematics, Greek is orthodox christianity, Greek is citizenship, Greek is a greek Genus, Greek is a feeling, Greek is everything, Greek is nothing. There, clear as mud, that's their aim!
                          - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
                          - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Orovnichanec
                            • Sep 2008

As Isokratis said "Greek is whoever has greek education". I dont like the idea of genetic tests. Too "Mengelish" for me. I am 1/4 Sarakatsanos, 2/4 eastern Thrace and 1/4 Thessalonician.
                            Yet still 100% Garbage
                            "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• osiris
                              • Sep 2008

traveller is 1/4 vlach 1/2 thracian and maybe some macedonian. gee now thats what isocrates would call a perfect wannabe hellene and the other greeks would call a barbarian.

no wonder he doesnt want to take a dna test, who knows what they may find lurking in is hellenic soul. maybe even a human being, but certainly not onewho believes in human rights judging by his posts.

hey coolski you forgot greek pizza
                              Last edited by osiris; 10-07-2008, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X