• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Ethnic violence becoming part of Australian Open

Ethnic violence becoming part of Australian Open tapestry
    Jan 20, 2010, 1:56 GMT

Melbourne - Like clockwork, ethnic trouble has flared during the first week of the Australian Open, with police now saying that two members of a Croatian gang tossed out of the grounds on opening day are facing murder charges.

Melbourne media reported that the unidentified pair were among a group who marched along the Yarra river to Melbourne Park taunting passersby, making Nazi and fascist salutes and at one point letting off a flare. They jostled and spit upon a photographer from the local Herald-Sun newspaper.

The group of approximately 60 people eventually clashed with security staff, who tossed of them out of the tennis complex. Eight others were denied entry for possessing flares.

The trouble followed a chair-throwing disturbance a year ago between Serbian, Bosnian and Croatian factions, who have turned the Grand Slam event into their own battleground at recent editions.

'It's disappointing that people come along and are only there to disrupt the game and the tournament,' a police official said. 'We don't appreciate that at all.'

Croatian community leaders have blamed the media for playing up the incidents.

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

I am a little disappointed with the Croats, they are better than this, and there was no provocation from other ethnic groups on the day as far as I am aware.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

I am still surprised to hear from Serbs that the Croats are much more militant than they are.

These idiots were just kids impressing the "laydeez". An absolute shame.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        I am a little disappointed with the Croats, they are better than this, and there was no provocation from other ethnic groups on the day as far as I am aware.
        Breaking News,Just today 43 Turks were evicted during a mach where a turk was involved. It is fresh news and i will post a link as soon as i get it.

What will happen if this Turk qualifies and meats Bagdatis. My God.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
          What will happen if this Turk qualifies and meats Bagdatis. My God.
          Greeks and Turks killing each other over a tennis match?
          I can understand if it is over naming rights for coffee ... but tennis?
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            Greeks and Turks killing each other over a tennis match?
            I can understand if it is over naming rights for coffee ... but tennis?
            This Idiot did not Help,

Tennis star Marcos Baghdatis caught in YouTube video rant

DEFIANT tennis star Marcos Baghdatis, captured on film chanting offensive slogans on a party video, says he was just sticking up for his country.
            Footage of the Greek Cypriot tennis star arm in arm with the alleged ringleader of a confrontation with police at the Open and chanting "Turks out of Cyprus" has ignited fury among Melbourne's Turkish Cypriot community, with one leader calling for him to be kicked out of the country.

Australian Turkish Cypriot Cultural and Welfare Association president Hakki Suleyman accused Baghdatis of a racist attack and said he should be expelled from the Australian Open and booted out of the country.

I know its a couple of years ago now, But a sporting identity like Baghdatis, should be careful of what he does and not forget why he is here for. Idiodic thing to do.

Mind you, in this video, he had something to say regarding the Macedonian issue aswell. What did it have to do with a cypriot.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Bill, Not one tupajnca was swung its a storm in a tea cup, one flair was lit up outside big deal they made it like the Croats blew up the stadium the media is just trying to get attention. I can understand with the Bosnians and the Serbs throwing chairs at eachother and exchanging tupajnci but the Croats hardly did anything, they stood on seats?? they where too loud?? Wow welcome to sport, no wonder Australia looses in the Tennis, who can forget the Davis Cup against Spain when the Spanish fans made so much noise the Aussie team couldnt speak to eachother.
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                Bill, Not one tupajnca was swung its a storm in a tea cup, one flair was lit up outside big deal they made it like the Croats blew up the stadium the media is just trying to get attention. I can understand with the Bosnians and the Serbs throwing chairs at eachother and exchanging tupajnci but the Croats hardly did anything, they stood on seats?? they where too loud?? Wow welcome to sport, no wonder Australia looses in the Tennis, who can forget the Davis Cup against Spain when the Spanish fans made so much noise the Aussie team couldnt speak to eachother.
                The Natzi salute did not help. Also a camera man was slapt and spat on in the back of the Head. From memory, the Croats had a confrontation with the serbs last year or year before wher the Greek suporters also got involved. So they have history.

And now today,

45 rowdy tennis fans given the boot

There's been more trouble at the tennis with 45 people ejected from the Australian Open today. Offensive chanting and a flare being lit has marred day three of the tournament.

Police and security staff removed a total of 45 people from Melbourne Park with 35 of those ejected from the match between Chilean Fernando Gonzales and Turkey's Marcel Ilhan.

I tell you what, its not going to look good for Australias soccer bid.

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

I tell you what, its not going to look good for Australias soccer bid.
                  LOL

Australia's football bid should they get it will have nothing to do with the Tennis, there was no violence at all not one punch was thrown sure the Nazi Salutes are stupid however, nobody caused any troubles however Tennis is not like the football so i guess you could say a few of the supporters have been a bit loud.

Blagojche, What are your thoughts of the Marin Cilić-Bernard Tomić match?
                  МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

Working...
                  X